Thursday, September 15, 2011

A MESSAGE FROM A UNKNOWN NUMBER!!

A MESSAGE FROM A UNKNOWN NO... in my previous article as i mentioned,being single is not always fun,but it does give you the liberty to enjoy your life without being tied down to a commitment.


"Enjoy your life as much as u can as Single because to become single again is very painful..!"

Many a times i have wondered ,what my friends talk endlessly with their girlfriends for hours at a stretch.Why do they seek Solitary confinement while talking??Don't they ever run out of topics??With the revolution of cheaper call rates in our country,there were no more economical barriers in our daily communications.I was really curious to find out what staged such long talks causing sleepless nights,the very exact reason for the foundation of back-benchers society.
I always had a longing desire for a  pretty sweet girlfriend,but never was i so lucky!!Maybe years of schooling in a boys only military institution had made me bit shy in interacting with girls.I found myself low on confidence ,with  any girls issues on many occasions.
Fate really plays a big role in our love-life. You don't have to be that handsome to attract a pretty girl,Some of my friends being the classic examples.Sometimes it incite me to glance at the mirror and even question myself"do i look that bad??" My friend once said"You simply needs to be good at your game".

Sometimes I wonder why god is so hard on us?All i was asking was just 1 girl for me from the millions i pass by daily.Everyday was just becoming another blank page of my life - As legends say, maybe god was still busy writing the best love
story for me.......
Being single is no crime,but then it pushes your desperation level to find a companion.Accept it or not friends,its the truth,everyone loves to be accepted by someone.


Every time you get a miss call or message from a unknown number,the first thing your pal asks you is"(aliya valla pennum anoda)dude,was that a girl??Was her voice sweet??followed by a set of regular questions...
Even when you are 95% sure that it wont be a girl,the remaining 5% keeps u going.. asking yourself the Imperative question"what if you get lucky this time around??

Two months back i received a text message from a unknown phone no.She called herself Nancy and confessed of having a huge crush on me.She even wanted to meet me the following weekend(at last it was happening).I was ready to a take a chance,because  practically I had nothing to loose here.We continued texting for the next 2 days.My heart slowly gave way and i started falling for  nancy's sweet messages.By the weekend i had even planned the name for our kids. I spent sleepless nights messaging to love of my life,Nancy.


First time in my life i realized that you can talk endlessly,with out even making sense to a girl for hours,such was the beauty of their gene structure.The picture was becoming much more clear to me now and then i realized the most funny facts of my life.Even the toughest of tough guys talk sweet,the guys who claimed to being proudly  single were at the height of desperation and the most handsome looking bachelors were still single out there.Love was indeed blind and it had nothing to do with looks,money or prestige.It simply took you to another world.

After 3 weeks of intense messaging,I gathered up my courage and decided to call her for the very first time.I had rehearsed my speech,and set of questions to perfection and had even got a thumps up from my friend David.I picked up the phone and dialed her number. My breathing became heavy, throat was soar, hands shivering,never before had i felt so uneasy talking to someone.She picked up the call and i heard the breathing whisper followed by a span of silence.Those few seconds were the longest seconds of my life,events of past 3 weeks flashed by my mind.Finally I took the lead and said "hello",a moment of silence,was followed by a chuckle,and then by a burst of laugh from the other end.I never had a clue that the most awaited call of my life was gonna turn into my worst nightmare of my lifetime.


It was a very well executed plan by my friends,never been in life i felt so badly humiliated and disgraced.Slowly i opened my room,only to be greeted by my friends,mocking me over and over again.Far end of the corridor,i could see David grinning at me with a killer smile.Tears rolled down my cheeks,and the room went to pin drop silence,as they stopped laughing.Maybe they felt ,it had gone little too much.I felt my anger rushing through my blood,especially towards David who knew it all the way.One by one everyone scrolled out my room except for David.David hugged me and said"bro,we were just having some fun,let it go.am sorry, if it hurt your feelings.I smiled and said"it's OK,am fine".
 Sometimes life brings u to such crossroads that u feel,smiling is far better than explaining why we are sad.



Sincerely, i must admit that i fell in love for this non-existent girl.Yes,my first love.Above all, like an icing on the cake ,i became the laughing stock of my friends for the next few days.But for now my search continues for that elusive one....

"Enjoy your life as much as u can as Single because to become single again is very painful..!"

3 comments:

  1. Johnson Prince well done bro . its so realistic..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice da!! really touching and excellent writing!! keep up the work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some things touch our heart deeply but we cannot hate our friends never for too long

    ReplyDelete